Know Your Numbers
On this week’s episode, we’re talking all about money with Steve Ashlock. Last year taught us a lot about how unpredictable the world can be, and it might have revealed some weaknesses when it comes to money. I invited Steve on the show to chat about some steps we can take today to help us get in a better spot financially. He shares advice that will be helpful whether you are in your teens, twenties, thirties, or eighties!
Here are some resources we shared on the show:
If you are wanting to check your credit score, you can use one of these three main credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. You don’t have to pay for your annual free report, so make sure you don’t sign up for a program that asks for money!
Here are some other tips from today’s episode:
- Start saving NOW! You’re going to need to have an emergency fund.
- Start saving for retirement as soon as possible
- Take full advantage of any matching programs from your employer for retirement.
- Do all that you can to reduce your debt!
- Set a budget and stick to it, but make sure you include some fun elements in that!
- Plan now and begin to save for the events and unexpected expenses that inevitably occur.
It will take some work to get into better financial health, but it is all worth it with the reduction in stress that it will bring!
If you have questions, feel free to email amber@allworthitcoaching and we’ll do all we can to get those answered!